Tuesday 23 September 2008

Amazing

Girl: "Who did you wave at?"

Me: "Your uncle - he just went past"

Girl: "I didn't see his car."

Me: "No, he was on his bike"

Girl: "His BIKE?!! Where was he going?"

Me: "Home. He rides his bike to the station so he can go to work"

Girl: "He works at the STATION?!!"

Me: "No ... he gets the train to work"

Girl: "WHAT? He gets the TRAIN to work?!!"

And so it goes on and on ... the curiosity of the very young ... the endless questions ... pounding relentlessly on our heads until our ears are deaf and our brains are numb. And we wouldn't have it any other way!

12 comments:

  1. No we wouldn't, but sometimes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it all the time! Lovely, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes. We've had one or more conversations like that in this very house, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait .. soon comes the 'know-it-all' stage where you no longer are smart .. but not to fear that too turns around .. my dad said he really liked it when a just out of my teens self re-discovered how smart he was ...

    :-Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I helped chaperone 18 five year olds to the nearby nature museum this morning - my head is still ringing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My girl says;
    'why can't I stay out till midnight ? I AM fifteen !'.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. And too soon he'll not be asking any questions because he'll know everything...then when he's about 25 he'll be amazed that you were smarter than he gave credit for and start asking those questions again!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, I love this post, it reminds me of the conversations I have with my youngest. I like the ones when someone in a car puts up their hand to thank you for waiting, you return the wave.
    "Who was that?"
    "I don't know"
    "Well you waved"
    "Yes I know"
    "Why are you waving at random people?".................

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take a deep breath it will last for a long, long time blogthatmamax

    ReplyDelete
  10. GBS, I know why I am 10 months old! It's coz you've save my, and Mima's and the Brit's profile pages and not our blogs. Hope this helps. Debs x

    ReplyDelete