Thursday 18 September 2008

Better Together

This week Big G said cheerio to his American job and came back to start a cooler one in the UK. No more trans-Atlantic commuting for him. He flew into Heathrow in the early morning sunshine, with 3 duffle bags and a back-pack. We loaded up the Toyota and drove home.

In the 19 months he's been working abroad, I've been bending under the weight of loneliness, stress and frustration, all crammed into a stiff, prickly bag called self-pity, sitting heavy on my shoulders. I'm tough enough and didn't break ... with a little help from my friends and family ... but I do declare there have been some very gloomy days.

And how do I feel today? Today I feel relief. Relief, relief, relief.

16 comments:

  1. you are def strong to keep it together for that time. glad you all are together again...it is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's wonderful. Altogether again. Must feel like a weight has been lifted>

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor darling...so glad that all's well that ends well! Separation anxiety was a frequent disease with me, I know where your heart's at!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant GS, so pleased for you. You did marvels to keep everything up together while he was away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must have been so hard. So glad he's home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how on earth did you cope? I am a nervous wreck even when The Doctor is away for a few days. You must celebrate in style...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Yay! Yay!

    Ironically, my husband is in London right this minute, doing his own transatlantic stint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And there's me moaning cos my hubby works in Liverpool and I only see him at weekends. Not all of them but most. So happy for you that he his home, I hope he doesn't get under your feet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yea! Here's to better times and more blogging


    :-Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is good news! Here's to Happy Families! clink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so good! I was so relieved when Hamish came back from Malawi, and he was only away for ten days. Don't know how you coped, but there you are, a stronger person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad for you. You no longer have to put on that face for the troops! You have your support back here. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful news. My husband has worked away a lot and still does. Usually I get to see him at the weekend so I can imagine how you feel.

    I enjoy reading your blog to find out what life is like back in the south after living Cheshire. There is an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How great you've got him back and you're all together again Lx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete