Monday 3 November 2008

Ticket to Ride

Tomorrow I'm going to Liverpool and back in one day. The Beatles have absolutely nothing to do with it, but I do like this photo. I am slightly miffed that as I zoom to Liverpool and back I'll be passing my old friends in Cheshire on the way, without getting off the train to say hello. Oh well, can't be helped.

So now I must blog off and search for something vaguely suitable to wear for a meeting. I'm kind of looking forward to some time sitting still in one place and reading. I hope it's warm and empty on the train - cold and crowded will ruin everything.

9 comments:

  1. Bit disappointed that its nothing to do with the Beatles!
    I feel your homesickness over Cheshire.
    Have a good trip tomorrow. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GBS!
    Hope you have a great time!
    and why not take your diary to read? because don't forget what Oscar Wilde said: "I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train!"
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell us all about Liverpool. Take your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, those long lost days of travelling for meetings - how I miss them. The best part of the day was being uncontactable on a plane for two hours. Unless, of course, I was sitting next to my boss. (Nothing wrong with him, but it did mean I needed to talk to him...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it was a pleasant trip!

    :-Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't bet on a quiet journey. There will be some flippin eejit talking loudly into his cell phone about a load of crud at the top of his/her voice. You will want to choke him/her before the journey is over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Liverpool. Sorry it was grey up here today.Pity you did not come yesterday when the sun was out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love long train journeys. I never fail to enjoy staring out of the window watching the changing landscape go by.

    ReplyDelete